3 Day course - 25 points towards SCA Diploma
Ideal for someone who has completed intermediate level training and with extensive industry experience.
In this 3-day course, you’ll delve more deeply into the scientific elements of coffee, focusing on variables including water quality & exploring different compounds found in roasted coffee to further enhance our understanding of extraction.
• Fully understand all the components of the coffee to be able to describe taste, aroma and tactile experience
• Know how brewing parameters affect cup quality and how to dial in the recipe to best suit the coffee
• Understand café layouts & how to get the best from them
• Look at water quality and how it affects extraction, measure TDS, alkalinity and PH
• Understand profitability and basic costing of the café operation
• Test your knowledge and skill with a series of written and practical assessments
SCA Member: £688 including certification fee
Non-Member: £750 including certification fee